From Golden Ochre to earthy yellow, this palette has pigmented shadows that don’t fade. This palette also features a double-ended shadow brush for smooth application. Its mirrored compact slides fit in any bag!
The Modern Renaissance Palette is popular among makeup enthusiasts. While the 14 pigmented shades of this palette can help create a beautiful look. Some might find it to be a little heavy on the pocket. For those who have a limited budget, there are some other options that you can try.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette Review
The number of looks you can create with this palette will convince you to buy it. This palette features a total of fourteen eye shadows, ranging from orangey shades to red ochre and even light and subtle taupe shades.
The ABH Eyeshadow Palette is like a warm little bundle of joy that comes in a cute cardboard packaging. It has a decently sized mirror and a cute pink velvet outer lining.
In addition to the fourteen beautiful eyeshade colors, this palette also features a great eye shadow brush. It has a densely packed precision end and is perfect for blending. When you open the palette, you will admire the plethora of beautiful, deep and warm colors. That includes sandy-mustard, sunset and also cranberry shades.
This palette also includes different types of shades like matte, pearl and shimmery. It’s pretty much an all-in-one palette that you can use to create an array of looks.
Modern Renaissance Palette Dupes
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance can be used to create a variety of looks. It can get pretty hard for makeup enthusiasts to find the perfect dupe for such a versatile palette. Finding an exact dupe that includes warm oranges, reds, neutrals, and shimmers is hard to find.
To make the task easier, we have lined up a few palettes that come close to the glory and beauty of the amazing
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in Rosé in the Air (Favorite)
For those makeup enthusiasts who love the Modern Renaissance Palette but feel like it’s a little pricey, this should be your go-to palette. The Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette is the most similar to the Modern Renaissance Palette. It is also one of the lowest-priced dupes.
The Wet n Wild Color Icon Palette in Rosé in the Air features a total of ten beautiful formulated eyeshadows. It can easily be assumed that Rosé in the Air is highly inspired by the Modern Renaissance Palette.
From champagne shades to lavender tones, the Color Icon Palette features a variety of your favorite eyeshade colors. The ABH Modern Renaissance Palette shades are highly pigmented and glide on smoothly, but the shades need an extra swatch or two. Despite this drawback, this palette is worth investing in as it only costs 10% of the original ABH eyeshadow palette.
- Most budget-friendly option on the dupes’ list.
- Shares the highest similarity scores with the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette.
- It has all the shades that the ABH Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette has.
- The pigmentation of the eyeshadows isn’t as good as the ABH Palette.
- The eyeshadows need a little more work.
- It requires a few extra swatches to get a certain color.
Where to buy it:
E.l.f. Mad for Matte Summer Breeze Palette
The e.l.f. Mad for Matte palette is great for those who love pinkish, beige and orangey shades. One thing missing from this palette are the berry shades found in the ABH Palette. However, in place of the berry shades, there are a bunch of other colors with some added khaki.
All in all, this palette includes different oranges, pinks, lavender, and even a deep and dark black.
The e.l.f. Mad for Matte palette, as the name suggests, only has all-matte shades. If you’re someone who’s looking for a subtle orangey or pinkish look, then this palette is great for you. If you’re looking for a glittery look, then this is not the best option for you.
- This palette has many similar shades to the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette.
- It has a few more interesting colors such as deep black.
- The e.l.f. palette misses the berry shades that the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette offers.
- All the eyeshades in this palette are matte. There are no shimmery shades.
Where to buy it:
Makeup Revolution New-trals vs. Neutrals
Looking for pink, purple, and other shimmery shades? Well, look no further than the Makeup Revolution New-trals vs. Neutrals eyeshadow palette. This palette is considered as one of the best Makeup Revolution palettes. This palette features almost all the shades included in the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette.
The best part is that this palette has both matte and shimmer eyeshadows. The only thing missing from this palette are the browns and the warm Cyprus Umber.
Also, the lack of yellows in this palette is a little off-putting. However, there is a greater variety of purple and grey shades.
- The Makeup Revolution New-trals vs. Neutrals eyeshadow palette includes almost all the shades in the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette.
- This palette includes both matte and shimmery shades.
- The Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette features a variety of purple and grey shades.
- The Makeup Revolution Palette is missing brown shades and the Cyprus Umber in the ABH palette.
- This palette also lacks yellow shades.
Where to buy it:
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals
The NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals features subtle oranges and taupes. Like the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette, this palette also comprises of fourteen shades. Almost all the colors featured in this palette are warm shades, including orangey and sandy beige colors with slight hints of pinks.
This palette misses out on the vibrant berry shades that you can otherwise find in the Modern Renaissance Palette. However, considering its price, it is worth it. It is super versatile and can be used to create a variety of different looks.
- It features fourteen shades like the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette.
- It offers a nice set of warm neutral shades with hints of pink.
- This palette misses out on the berry shades offered by the ABH palette.
Where to buy it:
NYX Cosmetics Lid Lingerie Shadow Palette
The muted shades featured in the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette are to die for. Take the twelve muted shades from the Modern Renaissance Palette, squeeze them into six shades, and you have the NYX Lid Lingerie Shadow Palette. The dusty shades of the ABH Palette are compressed into this super cute and portable palette.
All the shadows featured in the NYX Lid Lingerie Palette are matte. The NYX Palette’s shades lineup with the ABH palette and it is also extremely budget-friendly.
- The NYX Lid Lingerie Palette is a condensed version of the Modern Renaissance Palette.
- The NYX Palette is easy to carry.
- It is compact and is very budget-friendly.
- All the shadows featured in the NYX palette are matte.
- The eyeshadows in this palette tend to have a bit of kickback and fallout.
Where to buy it:
There are a few budget-friendly makeup products that can blow high-end products out of the water. These drugstore eyeshadow palettes are available at half the price. Just bear in mind that while the quality of these dupes is good, it won’t be as good as a $42 eye palette.
When it comes to the best dupes, the eyeshadow palette that tops our list is the
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette Vegan?
Anastasia Beverly Hills, as the company claims, does not test its products or ingredients on animals, making it cruelty-free. However, the majority of their products are non-vegan, including the Modern Renaissance Palette. They use carmine, beeswax, lanolin and/or other animal-derived ingredients in a few of their makeup products.
How Can You Tell a Fake Modern Renaissance Palette?
Imagine paying a hefty sum for this beautiful eyeshadow palette only to find out it is fake. Here are a few features that can tell you if the Modern Renaissance Palette is a fake one.
- No circled A on the front of the ABH palette.
- No circled A on the mirror
- Missing logo from the bottom right corner.
- Missing original batch code— E7BA.
Which Eyeshadow Palette Comes Closest To The ABH Modern Renaissance Palette?
Well, our top pick is the