Kylie Cosmetics changed the beauty industry in 2015 with the launch of her iconic Kylie Lip Kit. These lip kits were thought to be the “secret” behind Kylie’s famous pout… turns out that and some lip fillers were her secret. One can dream of a lipstick with those capabilities, right?
But, there’s no doubt that Kylie Jenner and her brand, Kylie Cosmetics were single-handedly responsible for starting the liquid lipstick craze. Now, almost every big drugstore and high-end brand has launched some form of liquid lipstick.
Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits come in a variety of shades but her most popular shade is Candy K. It’s well deserved because Candy K is a beautiful, pink-nude shade that easily flatters any makeup look. It’s Kylie Cosmetics’ most popular shade and it’s led to Candy K glosses, lipsticks, liners, and blushes!
Kylie Cosmetics’ Candy K lipstick is a staple shade in many girls’ makeup collections. It is wearable, pinky-nude that people just can’t get enough of! If you’re wanting to try Candy K without paying Kylie Cosmetics pricing, NYX Lingerie Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bedtime Flirt is the perfect dupe. The formulation and color is the closest thing we’ve found for Kylie Cosmetics Candy K and it’s a fraction of the price!
Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits are a great option if you want to accentuate your lips! Kylie Jenner is known for her famous pout and her lip kits are great for overlining and creating the illusion of fuller lips. If you’ve tried a liquid lipstick in the past, you know why so many people have a love/hate relationship with them. They’re drying but it’s hard to beat their long-lasting wear time!
Like most liquid lipsticks, Kylie Cosmetics’ matte Lip Kits have a pretty sturdy formula but they’re drying. Luckily this is an easy fix and most just apply a gloss over top and exfoliate their lips before applying them. Many would argue it’s worth it because Candy K will give you an Instagram worthy pout and fuller lips that can last hours without needing to touch up!
Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit in Candy K is the brand’s most popular and iconic shade so there is no shortage of dupes. The question is what separates the good dupes from the great dupes? If you love Candy K but find it too dry, there’s a dupe for the color with a more hydrating formula to give you the best of both worlds! If you love Candy K, but want a cheaper and more easily accessible dupe, we got you covered, too.
Here are the 5 best lipstick dupes for Kylie Cosmetics’ Candy K!
NYX Lip Lingerie Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bedtime Flirt
We may dare to say that NYX Bedtime Flirt is a perfect dupe for Kylie Cosmetics’ Candy K liquid lipstick. It’s first in our book for price, color match, and the long-lasting matte formula. When paired side by side the difference is undetectable and it will totally give you the Candy K look for a fraction of the price.
- Wearable, lightweight formula.
- Formula wise, this matte liquid lipstick is very similar to Kylie Cosmetics’ liquid lipsticks.
- Bedtime Flirt gives the perfect ‘Kylie’ look for a fraction of the price.
- The color is identical to Candy K!
- NYX is cruelty-free!
- It can be drying on the lips.
- Some reviewers said their lipstick dried out quickly.
Sleek Makeup Matte Me Lip Cream in Birthday Suit
This dupe by UK based brand, Sleek Makeup is great for matte lipstick lovers. Reviewers dub this formula as super matte and very long lasting throughout the day. It’s ideal for a night out and a great color match for Candy K.
- A light-weight formula that’s comfortable and wears like a stain.
- Sleek Makeup is cruelty-free!
- Super matte formula with no shine.
- Some reviewers said this formula emphasized the lines in their lips.
- Some reviewers experienced the lipstick ‘cracking off’ throughout the day.
- The strong scent may bothersome.
Where to buy it:
Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Adorable
Milani’s Matte Lip Creme in Adorable has less pink in it then Candy K does but on the lips it’s undetectable. This Milani Lip Creme is ultra-hydrating and packed with shea oil to leave a buttery, soft, matte finish to the lips. If you find liquid lipsticks too drying, this dupe is a great way to get the look with added hydration.
Kylie Cosmetics has a Candy K Velvet Lip Kit option which is a more hydrating formula and this Milani liquid lipstick would be a perfect dupe for that!
- Airy, velvet formula that’s comfortable on the lips.
- It’s kiss-proof.
- Milani is cruelty-free!
- This lipstick has a vanilla scent that some reviewers dislike.
- Some reviews said the applicator is tricky for smooth and precise application.
Where to buy it:
Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick in Nude Thrill
This Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Nude Thrill is a great day time option because it has sheer, buildable coverage. For those that want a more subtle, wearable version of Candy K this is for you!
- Creamy finish.
- A great option for day time as it’s less intense of a color.
- Great dupe for Candy K color-wise.
- Some reviewers said the finish is shiny, not matte.
- Maybelline is not cruelty-free.
- The formula is not an exact dupe for Candy K. This is sheerer.
Where to buy it:
LA Girl Matte Pigment Lip Gloss in Dreamy
This lipstick is a lip gloss and liquid lipstick hybrid with a matte finish. Interesting right? It’s a high-pigment formula that gives a matte, velvet look. The shade ‘Dreamy’ is a great dupe for Candy K at a fraction of the price.
- Long-lasting, pigmented color.
- Easily removed with an oil-based makeup remover.
- Some reviewers said they prefer this over the Kylie Cosmetic Liquid Lipsticks.
- LA Girl is cruelty-free!
- Some reviewers said this was drying on their lips.
- Some reviewers said this gloss-hybrid formula is sticky.
Where to buy it:
Candy K’s pinky-nude shade is such a gorgeous, staple lipstick shade for any look. When paired with a liner it’s perfect for overlining your lips to fake a plumper pout. Plus you can’t deny how great it’s lasting abilities are.
Luckily, there are many options to get the iconic Candy K look for a fraction of the price! Our favorite dupe has to be NYX’s Lingerie Matte Lip in Bedtime Flirt. The formula and color match are spot-on for Candy K and you can’t beat the price. If you’re wanting a more hydrating formula, Milani’s Lip Creme in Adorable is a great dupe for the Candy K Velvet Lip Kit!