One of the most annoying things is when you burn yourself when trying to curl your hair. Curling wands aren’t the most flexible items to use, and it’s easy to burn yourself or your neck or your scalp with them. In fact, many a newbie or a seasoned owner of a curling wand has experienced this.
That might make you wonder, what is the best curling iron out there, which is easy and flexible to use?
Luckily, we have the answer to this question.
You can say goodbye to burns and say hello to the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron. It is unique, innovative, and completely breaks free from traditional curling irons. The best part is it comes with an affordable price tag. If you get it, you will soon find that your older curling iron’s memory will be left in the dust.
Now, we know that that is a bold statement for us to make but it is not without merit. We are basing our decision on the following things about of the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron that we liked:
- Has Ionic Technology – This ensures that you get luscious, shiny, and perfect curls without any frizz. It makes styling more manageable and gives a better result.
- The Ease of Use – The Drybar 3 Day Bender curling iron has a very easy mechanism. Once you get the hang of it, it cuts your curl styling time down by half.
- Fast Heating Option – It heats up to temperature within 60 seconds so, if you are ever in a rush, this curling iron will be your best friend.
- Auto Shut-Off – You no longer have to worry about leaving your heat tools lying around. The 3-Day Bender comes with a 60-minute auto-shutoff system that is designed for safety.
However, it is not all rainbows and butterflies with the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron. Here are some things that we did not like:
- There’s a Learning Curve Here – If you were expecting to plug-in the curling iron and get started straight away, you’re in for a surprise. The unique mechanism of this curling iron can mean that you’ll have to take your time with it.
- Hair Can Get Caught – It’s not a big issue, but hair can get caught in the curling clasp of the curling iron and make it unpleasant to use. So, clip your hair up and work your way section by section.
There’s not much to dislike with the Drybar 3 Day Bender curling iron but, if you’ve found some serious cons, do share them with us. Nonetheless, let’s take a closer look at this amazing curling iron.
Features of the Dry Bar the 3-Day Bender Curling Iron
The 3-Day Bender curling iron by Drybar looks like any other curling iron. Its vibrant yellow body is the first thing that will catch your attention People love its summery hue. It is complemented by a nice, blue digital display screen for the temperature.
Its barrel is also distinctive, in contrast with the yellow body. However, its popularity is not just based on its appearance. This little curling iron also has some impressive features, including the following:
- Ionic Technology – It leaves hair free of frizz, making the curls shinier and smoother. This feature helps hold the style and makes your hair look healthier with every use.
- Infrared Technology – This maintains the health of your locks by heating your hair from the inside. It prevents split ends and breakage and ensures that you do not end up with frizzy or frayed hair.
- Ceramic Heaters – Dual – For extra fast heating, the 3-Day Bender comes with dual ceramic plate heaters that are capable of heating the curling iron within 60 seconds. You’ll never have to worry about it.
- Two Different Barrel Sizes – The 3-Day Bender can be bought in two different rod sizes. Interested people can pick either the 1-inch or the 1.25-inch wide barrels when they’re buying this curling iron.
- Rotating Clamps – The curling iron makes use of rotating clamps that hold your hair in place, even when you move your head. It also makes it easier to curl at the back of the head without any issues. This is the number one feature of the 3-Day Bender curling iron.
- Auto Safety Shutoff – The auto-shutoff feature means that you never have to worry that you left your hot tools running.
All these features make the 3-Day Bender a must-have in our eyes. It’s has a reasonable price tag given the features, and it is innovative and one-of-a-kind.
Is the Drybar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron Good?
People love the Drybar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron – and for good reason too. It’s perfect for use with all hair types and the results it offers make everyone fall in love with it.
We looked at reviews from other people and based on our opinions as well as their feedback, we give the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron the following:
- Quality – 4.5 out of 5
- Usability – 3 out of 5
- Value for Money – 4.5 out of 5
- Hair Curling Results – 5 out of 5
Based on these scores, we’re going to say that the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron gets a solid 4.5 out of 5. The only area where it loses points is usability. Many people, including us, had trouble getting used to the mechanism of this curling iron. However, once you get the hang of it, this is a very innovative curling iron.
Drybar The 3-Day Bender Curling Iron Review
Given Drybar’s history in the hair industry, it’s no surprise to see that their curling iron is such a hit. Drybar takes pride in offering quality hair products, be they hair sprays and conditions or hot styling tools. Known as the kings of the blow-dry, Drybar’s innovative curling iron is able to uphold the company’s standard for hairdressing and care.
The 3-Day Bender curling iron is simple to use, once you understand and figure out the rotating clip mechanism. However, the most interesting aspect is that the curling iron promises to give you results that last for at least 3 days, hence its name. We’ll admit that this curling iron does live up to this promise. In fact, you will notice that your curls become better without any touchups as the days go by.
The curling iron is also very compact, has easy to access heating buttons, and can be carried and stored everywhere with ease. Its vibrant yellow color also makes it a hit among people who love the bright, summery color.
How does the Drybar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron Compare with Others?
We still think that the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron is among the best curling irons that you can buy. It’s pocket-friendly prices, high-end features and salon-worthy results all make this a curling iron that’s among our list of must-haves.
Our love for this curling iron is justified when we did a quick comparison between the Drybar 3-Day Bender and the following:
Drybar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron vs. Drybar Curling Wand
If you’re having a hard time picking between two of the best styling tools made by Drybar, then please pick the curling iron. The curling wand called Wrap Party is not only more expensive, but it also doesn’t promise to give you results that last you for 3 days.
The curling wand also does not come with a rotating clip. It’s like the curling iron but lacks many of the key features. You’ll wonder why you spent more to get the wand when the 3-Day Bender delivers everything at a lower price.
Drybar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron vs. T3 SinglePass Curling Iron
The T3 SinglePass Curling Iron is another innovative curling iron that we love. Honestly, it has a stylish appearance, promises to give results in one pass and has a higher price tag than the Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron.
It doesn’t have 3-Day curl preserving technology that the 3-Day Bender curling iron offers. Given the price tag and features, the 3-day bender curling iron definitely won us over.
Drybar 3-Day Bender Curling Iron vs. Beachwaver S1 Curling Iron
The Beachwaver S1 is another curling iron that has a lot of options and outdoes the Drybar. For starters, the Beachwaver is the tool of choice at Victoria’s Secret fashion shows. Furthermore, they have managed to automate the act of curling your hair.
It has a rotating barrel and you can pick left or right options. Once you clip your hair in, the curling iron will do the rest. Honestly, the Drybar 3-Day Bender is a good alternative here but the Beachwaver does make it easier to curl a head of hair quickly.
The Drybar 3-Day Bender curling iron is definitely worth buying because of the way it makes curls last for 3 days without requiring any touch-ups. It’s reasonably priced, and it definitely ranks among the top curling irons that you can buy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still not sure or have more questions? Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions and see whether you can find the answers here:
Is The Drybar 3-Day Bender Easy to Use?
Yes and no. There is a learning curve here, as you need to learn how to clamp your hair in place. However, once you understand how to do that, you will be rocking some amazing curls in no time at all. Drybar has also added resources that you can review if you are having trouble.
Is The Drybar 3-Day Bender Worth It?
Yes, the 3-Day Bender curling iron is definitely worth the price because it actually locks the curls into your hair. Over the days, your hair will get looser and may lose some definition but the curling iron does deliver curls that last for 3-days. Some people take it even further with some dry shampoo and volumizer spray to get curls for 5 days!
Which Size is Better, 1.25 or 1 inch?
Picking between the two sizes is based on your hair type and hair length. Fine and short to medium hair types will benefit from 1-inch barrel 3-Day Bender curling iron. Thick medium to long hair will have better luck getting curls with the 1.25-barrel curling iron. At the end of the day, it’s about the curl size you want. Even if you have fine hair, go for the bigger barrel if you like big curls.