What lengths would you go to for a guaranteed, good hair day? More important, what price would you pay? Dyson’s hair tools have reached new levels of hype, and the one thing all their reviews have in common is how game-changing they are to your hair routine.
Dyson offers advanced technology that translates to quick and efficient styling products with less damage to your hair. Does it get better than that? Well, if you’re holding back on trying a Dyson, it’s likely the price tag. The prices are jaw-dropping, but is a hair styler that causes less damage to your hair worth that?
Dyson’s newest baby is their new hair tool, the Corrale, a one-of-a-kind straightener and multi-styler with 50% less damage than a normal straightener. Imagine being able to straighten your hair as often as you please without having to worry about damage? For $499 you can. Like all Dyson products, the price is astounding, but people rave about their products so you can’t help but wonder – is it worth it?
What is the Dyson Corrale?
The Dyson Corrale is the new kid in class with Dyson’s current line up of hair tools. The Corrale is a hair straighter; it joins Dyson’s Super Sonic, and Airwrap blow dryers. It’s unlike anything they’ve launched before, and it’s unlike any hair straightener on the market.
The Corrale is the hair straightener and multi-styling tool you have always dreamed of! It uses flexing plates to grab hair and enhance styling with less heat for thin, thick, and coarse hair types. It’s equipped with curved flexing plates, so it works to add volume to the root along with curling your hair.
The best part about this straightener is that it offers sleek, frizz-free hair with 50% less damage. 50% less damage is huge and goes further than any hair straightener has before. If damaged hair is your biggest struggle, meet its match!
Beauty Guru, Kathleen Lights posted a video reviewing her Dyson Corrale and GHD straightener side-by-side. You get to see the Dyson Corrale in action, and it’s a great comparison at what sets it apart.
Features of the Dyson Corrale
The Dyson Corrale has all the bells and whistles you could ever want but didn’t know you needed in a hair straightener.
- The Dyson Corrale uses flexing plates to gather and shape hair with less damage and heat. This gives you the same style and sleekness as any straightener but with less heat damage, frizz, and flyaways.
- These flexing plates are made from manganese copper alloy for heat conduction, durability, and strength.
- The Corrale is cordless with 30-minutes of battery life!
- It’s equipped with three adjustable heat settings.
- It comes in 2 colors.
- It has an LED screen that displays temperature, charge time, and battery level.
- It shuts itself off after 10 minutes of inactivity! How great is that for those awful moments when you’re out and can’t remember if you turned off your straightener?
- It comes with a universal voltage, and TSA approved battery disabler. If you travel often, this straightener is totally equipped.
Dyson Corrale Review
There’s no denying the fact that the Corrale effortlessly straightens your hair with shine, volume, and ultimate sleekness. It rivals most high-end hair straighteners on the market, but there are a few qualities that set it apart.
We love the cordless application! The battery life is only 30 minutes, but reviewers rave about how quickly this straightens their hair. If you need more time, place the straightener on the charging station in-between styling sections.
The curved shape of the blades gives volume to the roots, while most straighteners make your hair flat. The curved blades also make this straightener efficient for curling hair. For the price, having this tool be a multi-styler is a huge win.
You cannot fairly review the Dyson Corrale without mentioning that it styles your hair with 50% less damage. Basically, you get straighter, sleeker hair than you would with a normal straightener and half the damage! Such a win.
Straighteners are often thought of as the most damaging hot tool, but this is the opposite. It protects fragile hair along with eliminating breakage and flyaways. It’s even safe for color-treated, damaged hair!
- Cordless styling for up to 30 minutes!
- It gives you the straight, sleek hair of your life with 50% less damage! This is the best part and the greatest selling point of this straightener.
- This straightener works on all hair types and is suitable for coarse, curly hair to the most damaged hair. One reviewer said it straightened her entire head of 4B curls in 12 minutes!
- Users rave about how this straightener glides through their hair. It’s efficient and makes for a more user-friendly experience.
- This straightener has curved blades, so it adds volume to the roots, and you can curl your hair with it!
We don’t like:
- The price! There is no denying that this straightener is an investment. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth it. If you want sleek hair but struggle with damage and breakage, this could be a good option for you because it allows you to style your hair with 50% less damage.
- Users comment on how heavy the product is! Dyson’s technology is superb, but this product is heavy, and it can be difficult to hold for long periods of time.
- The cordless styling is our favorite, but the 30 minute time frame doesn’t seem like enough! Especially for curly, long hair. An hour would be ideal, so you don’t have to worry about charging in between styling.
Are you convinced? There’s no doubt that the Dyson Coralle is top-notch quality and in a category of its own. The cordless application, sleek, frizz-free hair and 50% less damage sure does lessen the blow of the price tag! With this technology, even a ‘dupe’ won’t perform in the way this does.
Ultimately, only you can decide if this is worth it for you based on your current hair routine and what you want for your hair. The fact that it can work on color-treated, damaged hair and be able to cut down style time for 4B curls down to 12 minutes is pretty amazing. Dyson continues to launch innovative new styling tools that are changing the beauty industry, and the Corrale is no different!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the three heat settings on this straightener?
The Corrale has three settings for heat; 330, 365, and 410 F, and they are displayed on it’s LED screen. Anywhere around 365 to 400 is most common for hair straighteners. Even those with the curliest, unruly hair can use the Corrale to quickly straighten their hair with less damage.
How long does it take to charge?
A full charge takes 70 minutes. But get 90% battery in just 40 minutes! The straightener delivers 30 minutes of styling before needing a charge. If this isn’t enough time to finish your hair, Dyson recommends placing it on the charging dock in between sections to extend the run time.
What colors does it come in?
The Corrale comes in two color options; Nickel and Pink, as well as Purple and Black. There is no difference between the two performance-wise and both retail for $499.