Straightening your hair is a surefire way to make you look as fancy as you feel. If you’ve been planning on upgrading to a new flat iron, then you may have seen the
With its negative iron technology and adjustable temperatures, you may want to look into how this flat iron will work for you. We’re warning you though; it may not be the best flat iron for thick hair that you’ll invest in.
Our verdict of the
Here’s what we thought about our experience with this flat iron.
- It doesn’t take very long to heat up, making it efficient and easy to use when you’re in a rush.
- Works on a variety of hair types, so even if your hair is coarse or tangled, you have a change of straightening it.
- Gives your hair a silky smooth finishing and prevents frizz and static because of the ceramic core and the negative ion technology.
We didn’t like:
- It takes a little more time than expected to cool down once it has reached its optimal temperature. This can lead to burns if you’re not careful enough.
- With regular use, there have been instances of your hair drying out and even becoming frail, making them susceptible to breakage.
- Needs to be brought up to a very high temperature for good results, which can cause long-term burn damage to your hair.
Features of the Evalectric Flat Iron
- Made of smooth ceramic that reduces frizz and makes your hair shiny and smooth. The negative ion technology also makes it easier for your hair to stay soft and wavy once you’ve straightened all your hair.
- The temperature ranges from 140-450F, so that you can adjust the temperature to whatever works best for your hair.
- If you know how to use the flat iron, it can even double as a curling wand with exceptional results.
- It also has a swivel cord that rotates 360 degrees, making it easy to use even when you’re trying to reach the hair at the back of your head.
- The temperature control feature ensures that your flat iron won’t heat up out of control and risk burning your hair. The infrared feature also keeps the heat gentler and prevents it from affecting your hair.
- The Evalectric Flat Iron works great on all sorts of hair types. Whether your hair is rough, thick or thin, you won’t have a hard time getting it under control with this iron.
Is the Evalectric Flat Iron good?
The negative ion and the ceramic core of the flat iron work towards giving your hair a silky finish, removing frizz and reducing static.
Even for people with hair that is usually difficult to flatten, this iron does the job. This is because the heat settings can be turned up to increase its effect on your hair. It’s important to remember that you have to use heat protection to ensure that you don’t damage your hair.
Evalectric Flat Iron Review
It takes a little time to get a hang of the iron. When you’ve become accustomed to the way it works, you can even start experimenting and use it to create a wavy-haired look. It even works as a curling wand if you have a good grasp over how to set your hair in the iron.
It has worked well for people with curly hair, who have had issues getting their hair to stay flattened for long periods of time.
Many people found that the heat control on this product was not as effective as the features should allow. Their hair ended up burning even when they kept the temperature at a safe level. This may be a risk if you’re still starting to learn how to use this flat iron.
How the Evalectric performs depends on the type of hair you are using it on. Some people have had great experiences and have managed to get beautiful, professional looks. But, lots of people find it frustrating to use.
How does the Evalectric Flat Iron compare?
With all the different models of hair straighteners out there, the
Evalectric Flat Iron vs. CHI G2 Hairstyling Iron
It has the same ceramic technology as the Evalectric Flat Iron. It lasts much longer and is less likely to disappoint you over several years of use. One issue with this iron is that it does not close all the way, leaving your hair imperfectly straightened.
Although many people have had average experiences with the
Be sure to also check out our review of all the best flat irons to see our other favorites.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does negative ion technology do?
The negative ion technology works towards making your rough or dry hair look smoother and shinier. It takes away the static and gives your hair a flowy, effortless look.
Does it have an adjustable temperature?
Yes, it has a range of temperatures that you can set. The range of the temperatures is from 140-450 degrees Fahrenheit. If you opt for a higher temperature, make sure you apply heat protectant on your hair beforehand.
What does infrared technology mean?
Infrared technology is designed to limit the amount of heat from the flat iron that affects your hair. It maintains an even distribution of heat so that you have a professional look throughout your hair. The advantage of infrared technology isn’t only that they give an even look to your hair. They also make it easier for you to straighten your hair without the risk of damaging it.