Fresh’s Soy Makeup Removing face wash is a cult classic in the beauty community! It’s been featured in every magazine, it has 8k reviews on the Sephora website and it is loved by beauty lovers and face washers alike! It’s great for removing makeup and for cleansing the skin as gently as possible. There’s no doubting it’s a great product but boy is the price steep for this cleanser!
Our favorite dupe for the Fresh Soy Cleanser is the Yes To Cucumbers Gentle Milk Cleanser! Both of these cleansers are geared towards removing makeup and have a silky, lotion-like feeling that doesn’t foam. Yes To Cucumbers has a similar ingredients list to Fresh’s Soy cleanser and it is a fraction of the price! It’s a great alternative to the Fresh Soy Cleanser and we love the price and easy accessibility.
The Fresh Soy cleanser is made for makeup removal and has a silky, almost lotion, jelly like texture that does not foam but emulsifies with water. It’s very gentle and contains rosewater to help tone the skin. It does not feel like your average, gel foaming cleanser as it’s aimed for makeup removal. If you use this, keep in mind that you will need a 2nd cleanse to help remove any leftover dirt and oils!
This cleanser is made with all natural, calming ingredients for a smoothing cleanse that will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean.
This cleanser shares 9 ingredients with the Fresh cleanser. Water, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. Along with the ingredient similarity, this cleanser is gentle, creamy, non-foaming and won’t strip the skin. This cleanser is so similar to the Fresh Soy cleanser and the best part is the price! It’s a fraction of what the value size Soy Fresh cleanser costs and still comes with more product!
- Vegan and cruelty free, made with 95% natural ingredients.
- Shares ingredients with Fresh, these two have a very similar formula.
- So affordable and easily accessible.
- You get a ton of product for the price.
- Comes with a pump.
- Contains soy proteins to help with skin elasticity.
- The packaging is not as sleek or pretty as Fresh.
- Does not contain the balancing and toning properties the rose water gives as it doesn’t have rosewater.
Where to buy it:
Glossier’s iconic Milky Jelly cleanser has the same silky, jelly consistency as Fresh’s Soy cleanser that does not foam. Both are perfect at removing makeup and don’t strip the skin. They’re not the first choice for basic cleansing but they’re great for removing makeup. Milky Jelly also contains the toning rose water and smells just like the Fresh Soy cleanser.
- Jelly consistency doesn’t foam just like Fresh.
- Does not strip the skin.
- Rose water helps to tone.
- Has a pump
- Have to pay and wait for shipping to get this product.
- Glossier isn’t the cheapest dupe but still much cheaper than Fresh for more product.
Where to buy it: Glossier
This cleanser shares 7 ingredients with the Fresh Soy cleanser. Water, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate. This cleanser is no frills and has a low pH and BHAs to help sensitive, acne prone skin. It’s super affordable and the formula has many similarities compared to Fresh.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Doesn’t contain SLS which means it won’t foam but is gentle. Won’t strip the skin of moisture.
- ¼ of the price of Fresh for the same amount of product.
- Low pH means it’s mild.
- Low pH won’t tone the skin like Fresh’s Soy cleanser.
- Contains BHA to help with acne, Fresh’s cleanser does not. (could be a pro or con depending on how your skin reacts!)
- Harder to find.
Where to buy it:
This dupe has 10 ingredient similarities as Fresh! Water, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja, Helianthus Annuus, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol. This dupe is such a good find! It’s super affordable, easy to find and shares a really similar formula to Fresh. It doesn’t foam and is aimed towards makeup removal – the only thing it’s missing is the rose water.
- Super affordable dupe that shares 10 ingredients with Fresh.
- Easy to find at many different stores and websites.
- Has a pump.
- Paraben and cruelty-free.
- Does not contain rose water to tone the skin.
- The packaging is not as sleek as Fresh.
- Does not contain soy proteins.
Where to buy it:
This facial cleanser effectively cleanses face while leaving your skin feeling moisturized and naturally soft.
This Neutrogena cleanser has a very similar texture to the Fresh Soy cleanser. Both are SLS free and don’t foam, have a jelly, lotion texture and don’t strip the skin. If you suffer from acne or rosacea, this is a great option aimed at the most sensitive of skin types. It’s formulated with minimal ingredients so it’s non-comedogenic and hypo-allergenic.
- SLS free. (won’t foam)
- Non-comedogenic, fragrance free and hypo-allergenic.
- Sensitive skin friendly.
- Works to remove makeup and cleanse the skin of dirt and oils.
- Affordable and easily accessible.
- Comes with a ton of product for the price.
- Very basic, no frills.
- Some said it’s ‘too gentle’ that it won’t remove makeup.
Where to buy it:
A soap free gel formula helps to remove makeup and cleanse the skin without stripping moisture and causing irritation. This cleanser has a similar consistency to Fresh and it’s great for sensitive skin. This product is affordable, easy to find and works very well to reduce redness.
- No SLS, soap free formula won’t foam.
- Hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, non-drying.
- Good for sensitive skin. Reduces redness.
- Does not contain rosewater or soy proteins.
- Basic, no frills cleanser.
Where to buy it:
After detailing up this list of dupes, there is no reason to pay full price for the Fresh Soy cleanser because these dupes are so good and similar!! Yes To Cucumbers Gentle Milk cleanser is a fantastic dupe and you get a ton of product for the price. Bliss’s Makeup Melt Off is a fantastic second that’s just as affordable and super easy to get your hands on. Once you understand that this cleanser won’t foam and it’s a tad different from a normal cleanser, it’s easy to overlook for how hydrating and gentle it is!
The ingredients SLS or sulfates are responsible for the satisfying foaming sensation. Like in shampoo, sulfates equal more damage done to your hair and the same thing goes for your skin. Sulfates can dry and strip the skin of moisture which is why sensitive skin should avoid them. For makeup removal, bubbles are not needed to remove makeup but more of a heavier jelly texture which is why it’s so good for makeup removers.
Yes! Most people think oily skin is already hydrated enough but that’s not true. Using a harsh cleanser can strip oil and moisture from your skin. For oily skin types this can lead to excess oil production, irritation and even acne. Think of dry skin vs dehydrated skin. Oily skin can still be dehydrated and a stripping cleanser can play a huge role in that.
Depends. Some of them are better geared towards removing makeup than others. But, you’ll want to double cleanse because these alone aren’t enough to remove makeup, dirt, oils and SPF from your skin. These typically work as a 1st cleanse since they’re more hydrating and remove makeup. A second cleanser is water based and helps to remove any oil or residue.