Glossier You is not your typical, floral, surgery sweet perfume. And that’s why it’s so good! It has a musky, woody scent that transforms to match your body chemistry… this means it won’t smell the same on you as it does on your friend! Glossier You users rave about the amount of compliments they get when they wear this scent. I think that comes down to 2 things – it’s not your typical scent, and when you wear it, it matches with your body to create your own unique scent. Since Glossier You isn’t your typical scent, it’s not for everyone, so let’s dupe it if you’re curious but don’t want to spend just yet.
Our favorite dupe for Glossier You is Ind For Her For Him Unisex perfume. This perfume has the same musky, woody vibe that mixes with your body chemistry to create your own scent. This is definitely a ‘your skin but better’ without any sugary or floral notes! This perfume is ⅓ of the price of Glossier You and if you’re looking to save, you won’t be missing out with this dupe.
Here are the notes in Glossier You:
- Unlike traditional fragrances, Glossier You is heavy on warm, creamy base notes (musk, ambrette, and ambrox) that transform and smell a little different on everyone
- Top notes of earthy, green iris root and spicy, sparkling pink pepper are fresh and clean without being overpowering
- It wears evenly, so the way it smells when you first spray it is the way it will smell throughout the day
I would describe it as a musky, woody, peppery scent in the best way that leans towards being unisex. It’s definitely a cool person, effortless, vibe-y scent. It’s fresh and a nice step back from the typical sugary, sweet and floral perfumes that are usually geared towards women.
We know Glossier for their ‘you but better’ mantra and this perfume definitely falls into that category. It smells like you but better.
This perfume is so affordable and has the same, peppery, woody smell as Glossier You. This perfume is unisex and works with your body chemistry so it smells a little different on everyone. You could also say that Glossier You is unisex and these two definitely fall in the same fragrance family and give off a similar vibe. This perfume is ⅓ of the price of Glossier and if you can get your hands on this, you will not be missing out in any way!
Here’s the notes: – Skin: jasmine, shimmering orris, skin musk, cedar. The jasmine is very low key.
- Affordable price. ⅓ the cost of Glossier You.
- A unisex fragrance that reacts with your body chemistry like Glossier You.
- The price does not mean you sacrifice on packaging. The bottle is glass and very visually appealing.
- Long lasting scent that smells like you but better.
- You don’t get a ton of product but for the price, it’s definitely a steal.
- This perfume comes in a few different scents – don’t get confused, the dupe is the ‘Skin’ scent.
Where to buy it: Urban Outfitters
While this perfume leans on the citrus side, hence the name. It has a fresh, woody scent that is very reminiscent of Glossier You and even raved about on Glossier Dupe Reddit threads! This perfume smells like skin, not sugary sweet or floral in the slightest. It comes in a gorgeous bottle and it’s super affordable. If you like citrus scents, you’ll like this dupe.
- Gorgeous bottle.
- Has a fresh, neutral and woody smell that is not sweet or sugary.
- This smells like skin rather than a sweet perfume.
- This leans on the more citrus side while You doesn’t not.
- Not a perfect dupe but it will smell different on everyone!
Where to buy it:
Another Glossier dupe raved about on Glossier Reddit threads. (People are serious about their Glossier!) This perfume oil is long lasting as it’s an oil, it’s a much more concentrated formula. It has a woody, peppery smell that mixes with your body chemistry to create your own scent. Some have said that it smells a little sweeter on them than You but the fun part is, it will smell different on everyone.
- This gets rave reviews and is so affordable.
- This can be a little sweeter than Glossier as it has rose notes.
- Apply to your body as it works best with body heat, not on clothing.
- Also available at Whole Foods so you can smell before purchasing!
- This is a perfume oil so the composition is different from Glossier You but it will last longer.
- The scent is not a perfect dupe for You but the two are reminiscent.
Where to buy it:
Alt makes dupes for all high end perfumes ranging from Tom Ford to Byredo. These perfumes are so affordable and they get great reviews for the quality and long lasting wear which some luxury perfumes lack. Particle is made in mind with Molecule 01 perfume by Iso E Super which is also where Glossier took cues from for their perfume. Molecule 01 just like Glossier You is an earthy, peppery and musky scent. It interacts with your body chemistry to create your own personalized scent and is a completely different scent in the bottle vs. on your skin.
If you’re wondering, this kind of is a dupe, of a dupe, of a dupe!
- This smells like a high end, luxury perfume for less.
- Alt perfumes are so affordable!
- Interacts with your body’s chemistry to create your perfect scent. It’s pretty amazing that they have replicated this feature for the price.
- Reviews rave about long lasting sillage. (Which means how long the perfume lingers.)
- Alt is super popular and sells out often. But they always restock!
- This will smell different on everyone so keep that in mind. You won’t know until you try it.
Where to buy it: Alt Fragrances
This musky scent from the Body Shop gives us Glossier You but sweeter vibes. The notes include – amber notes, rose, jasmine, and warm spice. As you can tell those are sweeter so this definitely has a sweeter but still musky and mysterious vibe. If you want to try Glossier but don’t want to say goodbye to your sweet, floral scents. This is the dupe for you.
- Dries down to smell even better so give it some time if you’re trying it out.
- Reviews say this lasts well throughout the day.
- Paraben free, cruelty-free and vegan.
- This is affordable and the bottle is beautiful.
- Sweeter than Glossier You.
- Some reviews say this smells old.
Where to buy it: Amazon
Not a Perfume is just like Glossier You – you’re skin but better. These two perfumes are so similar! Unfortunately, Julliette Has A Gun perfumes are very pricy. Luckily you can get the travel size for half the price of Glossier You but with much less product.
If you want to try a luxury perfume with the musky scent that blends with your body chemistry…this is it. And if you want to splurge on the full size, you will not be disappointed!
- This is a very luxury perfume.
- This smells just like Glossier You, maybe even better.
- A very minimal scent that matches with your body’s chemistry.
- Gorgeous packaging.
- The price is high for this and you don’t get tons of product.
- This dupe is more expensive, so why not just get Glossier You?
Our favorite dupe for Glossier You is Ind Skin For Her For Him Unisex Perfume from Urban Outfitters. It has the same, musky smell that changes with your body’s chemistry to deliver the perfect, your skin but better perfume. Another dupe we’re eyeing is the Bath & Body Works Kaleidoscope Body Spray! This perfume was raved about on Reddit as being thee perfect dupe for Glossier You. It’s not available online unfortunately but if you see it in stores, it’s supposed to be the best and most affordable dupe!
No. These are clean, mysterious scents that pull unisex but also mesh with your skin to create the perfect scent. They smell cool and effortless but not sugary sweet. While scents are hard to explain, I promise it won’t smell like your boyfriend’s cologne.
With the Glossier You perfume and dupes that mesh with your body’s chemistry, you need to spray it on your skin. It needs warmth to create the full scent. Go for your wrists, neck and some even say behind your knees! Another hack, spraying your hair helps your perfume to really last but it won’t smell the same when sprayed on your body.
If your perfume gives you headaches, is it because it’s too strong or too sweet? If so, this may totally be the one for you! It’s not sweet and it’s pretty mild for a perfume. It’s a very wearable, low key scent.