Whether you’re going out for dinner or want a fun evening with your friends at home, looking nice is essential. When you’ve got something as convenient as a hot air brush, it’ll make your life so much easier.
So what exactly can the Helen of Troy Hot Air Brush do?
Here are some factors about the brush that we thought you’d like to know about too.
- We love the fact that you can use this brush to detangle your hair and it actually works. Instead of making all your hair fall out, you’ll end up with soft, flowy hair.
- It has a lock to keep your hair in place until it has curled. Having your hair fall out of the curling iron is frustrating and can result in burns too—that’s why this feature is a lifesaver.
- Have you ever been afraid of frying your hair by accident? The Helen of Troy Hot Air Brush comes with a feature that stabilizes the temperature to stop it from overheating and damaging your hair.
We didn’t like:
- It can only work on 250 watts of power, which means it takes a bit of time for you to get your hair to dry and styled.
- In case you were looking for formed curls, you’ll have to settle for wavy, semi-curled hair instead.
- Because of the shape of the brush, you might struggle with your hair getting tangled within the brush itself, making it a bit difficult to use.
Features of the Helen of Troy Hot Air Brush
One of the features that the
It also has a removable brush sleeve, which means that you can take out the barrel to clean it of hair and grime and make sure it keeps working.
Unlike some hair straighteners with only one heat setting, the Helen of Troy comes with a few. If you feel like the temperature is not enough to get the look that you’re aiming for, you can increase the temperature to a more effective one.
The barrel locks the hair in and releases the hair when it has been curled, so you don’t have to keep holding your hair in place and counting the seconds till you can let go. Another cool feature of this brush is that it has bristles with soft tips that act as little hair massagers. Not only do you get to style your hair, you can also get some stimulation in your scalp at the same time.
Is the HOT Tools One-Step good?
There are many users of the
It also doesn’t function well as a curling iron, although it comes with the feature. If you’re looking for soft, wavy hair, you’re good to go. Otherwise, you will not be content with the kind of curls you’ll get from this hot air brush.
HOT Tools 24K One-Step Review
The button is situated in such a way that it can get tangled in your hair. When you’re trying to curl or even blow dry your hair, you might end up with strands of your hair stuck between the button, making it difficult to untangle it.
Although this product was a success when it was first released, it has started to deteriorate in its material quality. It takes longer to dry than it used to.
How does the Helen of Troy Hot Air Brush compare?
Like all hot air brushes, this one has its fair share of competitors too. The
HOT Tools One-Step vs. Drybar The Double Shot
The Helen of Troy definitely takes a lot of time to dry your hair. Compared to the
HOT Tools Professional 24K One-Step vs. Revlon One-Step
HOT Tools One-Step vs. Conair Spin Air Brush
If you were looking for the best hot air brush, the
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use this as a blow drier?
You can use this to blow dry your hair, but it will take you a significant amount of time. The hot air brush has very low power, making it take several minutes to even dry hair that is only slightly damp. It works better when your hair is already dry.
Does it have adjustable temperature settings?
Yes, the Helen of Troy Hot Air Brush has adjustable temperature settings. You don’t need to worry about there not being enough heat. But, you do have to be careful not to use a temperature setting that is too hot. You will end up with permanent hair damage otherwise.
What material is the barrel made of?
The barrel is made of plastic, but you don’t have to worry about it melting or getting damaged. The plastic makes it easier to hold because it is lightweight and doesn’t hurt your arm while using it. It also makes it more convenient to travel with, because it doesn’t add too much weight to your suitcase.