You might be very good with winged eyeliners and giving yourself a flawless natural look with makeup. But weather conditions and other factors can cause smudging, flaking or caking.
What you need is a good setting spray that can make your makeup last the entire day.
MAC Fix Plus is one of the most popular setting sprays among professional makeup artists. The only downside of this wonder product is its high price, keeping it out of the reach of many.
That’s why we have reviewed some of the best MAC Fix Plus dupes with similar benefits but a more affordable price tag. Our favorite is NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray but keep reading to find the right one for you!
MAC Fix Plus Review
MAC Fix Plus is a multi-purpose setting spray that does not only make your makeup stay in place for long but also makes your skin look flawless. The fragrance is light and refreshing as it contains cucumber and green tea. Much of its popularity has to do with lots of positive MAC Fix Plus reviews. Its users report that this setting spray hydrates and soothes the skin. It also adds radiance to your makeup.
When you spritz your face with MAC Fix Plus, it adds moisture to your skin, helping your makeup products blend more seamlessly with your skin. It also enhances the shade of your foundation and colored powders.
- Sleek plastic bottle with an easy lock pump
- Light and refreshing fragrance
- Contains green tea, chamomile, and cucumber
- Hydrating and binding spray
- Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
Where to buy: Amazon
MAC Fix Plus Dupes
MAC Fix Plus is a hydrating facial spray that you can use before or after makeup. It moisturizes the skin to bind the products to your skin and also gives a lasting look to your makeup. With so many benefits, it is not surprising that the product falls under the high-end category. The question is, is there an affordable MAC Fix Plus dupe? Find out below!
NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray
This lightweight makeup setting spray has a gorgeous dewy finish that's super comfortable.
NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray is a lightweight facial spray. It gives your skin a dewy finish and a just-applied look to your makeup all day. It is one of the best MAC Fix Plus dupes. You will love the radiant glow that comes at an affordable price. You can get a smooth, long-lasting finish for your makeup with NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish.
- Lightweight setting spray
- Gives a smooth, lasting finish to the makeup
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Prevents makeup from looking cakey
- Sets makeup in only a couple of hours (3-4 hours) on a hot and humid day
- The skin feels a bit dry and tightened after misting
- Needs a sponge to set in the product as it takes longer to dry
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Setting Spray
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Setting Spray is a lightweight facial spray that helps to lock in makeup and gives a radiant touch to your makeup. You can use it after a full makeup routine and even use it alone as well for a natural glow. It has pearls that give a dewy, luminous finish to your skin and it makes your makeup lasts as long as 12 hours.
- Lightweight setting spray
- Contains pearls that give a dewy, luminous finish
- Hydrating formula
- Sets makeup for 12 hours
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
- A strong smell of chemicals
Where to buy it:
Wet n Wild Photofocus Natural Finish Setting Spray
This setting spray formula extends your makeup wear by preventing cracking, smudging, fading, or creasing.
Another affordable yet similar dupe for MAC Fix Plus setting spray is Wet n Wild Photo Focus Natural Finish Setting Spray. It comes in a small 45 ml bottle with a nozzle that spreads the product evenly onto the face. This setting spray makes the makeup look great for long hours by preventing smudging, creasing, and flaking. It is suitable for all skin types and contains aloe to hydrate the skin.
- Affordable setting spray in a 45ml bottle
- Hydrates the skin and makes makeup last longer
- Cruelty-free product
- Removes powdery residue of makeup products
- Not suitable for dry skin as it has a high alcohol content
- It has a sharp alcohol-like smell
- Less product quantity
- The nozzle sprays too much product at once
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
This rejuvenating mist is infused with herbal and botanical extracts that help soothe and re-energize skin.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray is a refreshing and hydrating mist with aloe, herbal extracts, and rosewater. It is a popular skincare product suitable for all skin types, especially for tight, dry skin. It is also a multi-purpose facial spray that you can use for both hydrating the skin and setting your makeup.
- Hydrating and refreshing setting spray
- Gives a dewy finish
- Reduces the natural oil produced by the skin
- Contains botanical and herbal extracts: thyme, aloe, gardenia, and bladderwrack
- Very herbal smell that some might not like
- Contains some harsh chemicals like perfume and phenoxyethanol
- Some users have reported breakouts and skin irritations
- The bottle can be leaky
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray is a facial spray that makes your makeup fresh for about 16 hours. It has temperature control technology that lowers the skin temperature to make your makeup last longer. Even in hot and humid weather. It gives a soft-focus effect to your skin and gives a just-applied finish to your makeup.
- The sprayer distributes the product evenly on your face
- Prevents the foundation from oxidizing on face
- Sets makeup for 16 hours
- Gives a dewy glow
- Less product quantity
- Not suitable for users looking for a matte finish
- Gives excessive shine to oily skin
- Some might find the smell a bit off
Where to buy it:
Many professional makeup artists and makeup lovers prefer MAC Fix Plus. While it offers fantastic benefits, it can be a bit expensive for most.
The dupes reviewed in this article are not only cheaper, but they are also available in the market and online. Our favorite is NYX Professional Makeup Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray. At a fraction of the price of MAC Fix Plus, you can now enjoy similar benefits with one of these options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use Mac Fix Plus as a primer?
MAC Fix Plus works great as a primer because it gives a base to your makeup. It helps makeup blend more seamlessly on your skin by hydrating it.
What does Mac Fix Plus do?
MAC Fix plus works as a binding product that locks your cosmetic products to your skin. It makes them last longer, preventing creasing, smudging or fading. It also hydrates the skin and gives a radiant glow.
Which one is better, setting spray or powder?
There is not much difference between a setting powder and a setting spray. You use setting powder to set your foundation and remove excess oil. While the purpose of using setting spray is to lock makeup to your skin to make it last longer. You can use either one, but the added benefits of a setting spray can make it more useful.