There’s certain skincare that you truly need for your skin. Moisturizer comes to mind because my dry skin could never be without! And then there are extra products that are more enjoyment based – maybe face rollers and possibly a cooling water stick. They aren’t a must but I still enjoy them and use them in my routine! Cue the Milk Makeup Cooling Water Stick… a cooling stick that feels like a dream on the skin and the ultimate extra!
Milk Makeup Cooling Water Stick is a solid skincare product that’s great at priming and hydrating the skin. It truly does feel cool on contact and it’s great at depuffing the eye area before makeup or in the morning. It provides a refreshed look to the skin and while extra, it’s really enjoyable. It’s portable and the stick applicator makes it great for throwing in your purse and applying throughout the day.
A cooling makeup stick sounds like a dream and this one delivers. It’s cooling on the skin and feels great and never sticky. Is it a must in my routine? No, it’s 100% a luxury! But it feels nice in the morning, especially under my eyes. The only issue I have is the silicone smell, that’s very off putting to me and if you’re sensitive to smells, keep that in mind.
Is this product groundbreaking for your skin? No, but it’s enjoyable and if you like it, that’s worth it! Does it have long term benefits? No. Is the packaging gorgeous and travel friendly? Yes, it’s a twist up stick applicator that’s super easy to apply right onto your face. Is the price worth it? That’s up to you to decide but since it has no long term skin care benefits, you could say yes since it’s not a cheap product.
- It truly works and delivers it’s claims. The product is cooling on application and feels soothing on the skin! It’s also cooling on it’s own and does not need to go in the fridge.
- Great for de-puffing the under eye area and priming your face for makeup. It’s great for a puffy face when you wake up in the morning.
- Helps to hydrate the skin. If your skin is sensitive or irritated, this could help to soothe the area.
- The ingredient’s list is pretty small and minimal which we like.
- The packaging is so sleek and pretty. Great for tossing in your bag. It’s a twist up stick that’s easy to use.
- This product is one of a kind! There aren’t really other products similar to this out there.
- It smells like silicone, almost fish like. If you’re sensitive to smells, this may bother you.
- This product doesn’t offer a ton of skincare benefits. It’s an extra and it’s not a must in your skincare routine. Think of it like a jade roller.
- Some reviewers say it’s enjoyable to use but doesn’t do anything for their skin. Especially, long term.
- The product states that it’s star ingredients are caffeine and seawater but they are located towards the end of the ingredient list.
- This product does not work towards a visual improvement in your skin. It just provides a topical feeling.
- Caffeine: Reduces the appearance of puffiness.
- Seawater: Soothes and hydrates.
Caffeine definitely accounts for the de-puffing function that this cooling stick offers.
Here’s the full list of ingredients:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Propanediol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Sodium Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Caffeine, Nylon-12, Kappaphycus Alvarezii Extract, Sea Water (Maris Aqua, Eau de Mer), Blue 1 (CI 42090).
It’s pretty small and minimal and we like that a lot. But, notice where caffeine and especially seawater is on the ingredients list. They’re also both after phenoxyethanol which is only allowed in formulations at 1%. Meaning anything listed after that makes up less than 1% of the formula.
That’s not great and definitely used as marketing claims to help sell this product. They would be better off advertising the aloe in the product as that’s great for soothing and hydrating the skin!
Milk Makeup is available at:
It comes in a regular and mini size which is nice if you’re looking to try it out! The mini size is cheaper and fits better under your eyes.
This product is definitely an extra that your skin does not need. It is however super enjoyable and the cooling sensation is really present and feels great. It’s comparable to a jade roller and if you enjoy that, you would like this. As always, the packaging on all of Milk Makeup’s products is beautiful and unique. This is no different and you could totally throw this in your purse to use throughout the day.
Does this have any long term effects for your skin? No. Does it improve the appearance of your skin? No. If you would use and enjoy this product daily, then it’s probably worth it. At the end of the day, it won’t make or break your skin so it’s up to you to decide if you need this!