Milk Makeup is a dream for the girl on the go. Everything comes in a twist up, stick applicator that’s so easy and low maintenance to use. They’re not your average skincare product but there’s something that is so satisfying and visually appealing about them. Cue one of their most unique and popular products, their Watermelon Brightening Serum.
Milk Makeup’s Watermelon Brightening Serum is a solid serum in a twist up, stick applicator. It contains watermelon extract to hydrate while Swiss Garden Cress Sprout Extract reduces dark spots. It wins for on the go use but does it actually work? Save this product for hydrating, but if you suffer from dark spots and an uneven skin tone, you’re going to want something more potent.
The star ingredients include:
- Watermelon Fruit Extract: Keeps skin hydrated over time.
- Swiss Garden Cress Sprout Extract: Evens the look of skin tone by visibly reducing dark spots.
- Matrixyl: Smooths the appearance of fine lines and skin texture.
Most brightening products include vitamin C or AHAs to brighten the skin and fade dark spots. This does not so if you have sensitive skin, you may really enjoy this!
Here is the full list:
Water (Aqua, Eau), Butylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Sodium Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Oleth-2, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 20, Citrullus Lanatus Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Sea Water (Maris Aqua, Eau de Mer), Stearic Acid, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Lactate, Lecithin, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Carbomer, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Water, BHT, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Prunus Domestica (Plum) Fruit Extract, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Seed Extract, Chlorphenesin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Red 40 (CI 16035), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).
Notice there’s no synthetic fragrance which we like! Milk Makeup is cruelty-free, vegan, paraben and phthalate free.
This serum is great for someone on the go that doesn’t want to worry about their serum spilling and leaking all over their bag. It’s solid – almost like a deodorant and you apply it straight to your face. This serum is hydrating, gentle and even feels cooling on this skin. But since it’s a brightening serum, the number one question to ask is, does this really help to target dark spots? No, if you struggle with dark spots and an uneven complexion there are so many better products to use.
Go for vitamin C or AHAs to fade dark spots, it’ll work much faster and more effectively. This serum isn’t very potent and it takes a long time to see results. This isn’t all bad though because since it’s gentle, it’s a great option for all skin types! This serum is great post workout when your skin is red and a little inflamed. It’s soothing and calming on the skin.
For everyday use, if you like a stick go for it! It does however thrive in an on-the-go lifestyle since it’s so portable and easy to transport without spilling. Price wise it’s a little expensive for what it is and especially how much product you get. The Milk Makeup sticks don’t come with a ton of product but you also don’t use the same amount as you would with a typical liquid or cream serum.
This serum is definitely one of a kind, which is why it’s a fun skincare product to use. But, keep in mind that it’s probably not the product that’s going to bring a ton of results.
- Packaging is great for on the go and travel. It’s also very aesthetically pleasing and you’ll never have to worry about a spill!
- Milk Makeup is free of synthetic fragrance, phthalates and parabens. It’s also cruelty-free and vegan.
- This soothes and calms the skin. It sort of has a cooling sensation on contact which is really nice. Toss it in your skin fridge for even more coolness!
- Good for sensitive skin types.
- Contains matrixyl to help fade the appearance of fine lines. (This is very minimal!)
- Lightweight and can work for all skin types. This never feels sticky, wet or heavy on the skin.
- This does not really have a detectable smell.
- Is this the best for dark spots and an uneven skin tone? No, it’s very mild.
- The price is expensive for what you get and how much product.
- Does not smell like watermelons which may be deceptive based on the name!
- Some reviewers say that they don’t notice a difference in their skin after using this.
Milk Makeup is available at:
The best deal you can get is to buy this product in one of their skincare sets!
Is the Milk Makeup Watermelon Brightening Serum worth your money? If it fits your lifestyle then yes. Meaning you’re on the go, you want a gentle skincare product that you don’t want to worry about leaking or breaking. If you just want a product that can brighten the skin and fade dark spots, there are better and cheaper options out there.
When you buy this, you’re paying for Milk Makeup’s innovation and visually appealing packaging. If dark spots and an uneven skin tone are your biggest skin issues, this will take a long time to correct that. I would say you are better off choosing another product. Once you realize what you’re looking for then you can decide if this is worth your money!