Dark circles are very worrisome for most women. There are many reasons that dark circles appear. These including stress, sleeplessness, or even genetics. Regardless of the reason, these otherwise harmless deep purple bags under the eyes can be very frustrating to deal with for most of us.
While there are many home remedies, creams, and serums to get rid of dark circles, it might be a while before you can see results. For a quick fix, a high-quality concealer can be the best option to pick.
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is a very popular, high coverage concealer. Most people find it very difficult to settle for any of the Tarte Shape Tape alternatives. It is one of the best concealers and provides impeccable coverage.
Despite the wonderful result it offers, it is a high-end option that’s out of the budget of most. That’s exactly why we have compiled and reviewed some of the best drugstore dupes for Tarte Concealer in this article. Our favorite was e.l.f. Camo Concealer, read on to find out if it’s the best dupe for you.
Tarte Shape Tape Review
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is one of the most popular concealer options. It contains some of the best moisturizing ingredients like shea butter and mango seed butter.
Tarte Shape Tape also has other beneficial ingredients that help fix color and brighten dark circles under the eyes. Its formulated with licorice root extract, peony, and vitamin E. An added benefit of using this product is that it is vegan, cruelty-free, and tested by dermatologists.
It provides full coverage for dark circles and other marks on the face. Despite the full coverage it provides, the formula is impressively lightweight. You can find it in 14 different shades and use it for both coverage and contouring. Additionally, it is long-wearing and hydrating, making it a popular choice among women across the globe.
- Full coverage concealer with a soft-matte finish
- Lightweight, hydrating, cruelty-free formula
- 14 different shades
- Contains shea butter, licorice root extract, and vitamin E
Tarte Shape Tape Dupes
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is one of the best products in the market for concealing and contouring. It has been a favorite among famous beauty bloggers and makeup artists alike. It has a growing fan base because of the full coverage it provides. It has a lightweight and zero-crease formula.
Although the wonderful natural matte finish justifies its high price, it might not be affordable for everyone. If you are looking for a product with the same benefits but at a lower price, find out some of the best drugstore dupes for Tarte Concealer below:
1. E.L.F. Camo Concealer
- It has a highly pigmented, lightweight formula with a matte finish and a nice, smooth texture
- It is cost-effective and offers results that are like those provided by Tarte Shape tape Concealer
- It has a large doe-foot applicator and it is long-lasting
- It is 100% vegan and a cruelty-free product
- It sets very quickly without giving enough time to blend well
- It forms creases and gives a patchy look in a short time after application.
- It is not available in a lot of shades and most options are for people with very light skin tones.
2. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer
- It provides full coverage with a matte finish
- Its extra-large applicator gives full coverage in one stroke
- It has a waterproof, long-lasting, and lightweight formula with a creamy texture
- It is available in 25 shades for different skin tones
- It forms creases under the eyes if you have not used a moisturizer first
- It gives a dry, flaky finish unless you are experienced with makeup and can find ways of preventing it from creasing
- It is a bit thick which means that it is not appropriate for days on which you are aiming for a light makeup look
3. Wet n’ Wild Photo Focus Concealer
- It is a selfie-tested smooth and bright concealer
- It is 100% cruelty free and vegan
- It provides medium to buildable coverage
- It is hydrating, lightweight, and gives a natural-looking smooth finish
- It is long-lasting and does not form lines or creasing
- Very affordable price
- It dries out very quickly
- It has a thick formula which is difficult to blend well
- Sometimes it oxidizes over the face after a few hours giving a darker tone.
Where to buy it:
4. NYX Gotcha Covered
- It is a full coverage concealer with coconut oil
- It has a long-lasting formula to conceal discoloration and marks on the skin
- It comes in 10 shades for different skin tones
- It gives a smooth, hydrating finish to the skin
- It melts and blends nicely onto the skin
- It feels greasy as it has coconut oil
- It is also a bit sticky and heavy
- You might need a good setting powder to settle the product well on your skin
- It forms creases and fine lines
- It gives a patchy or cakey look after application
Where to buy it:
5. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
This concentrated concealer was winner of Allure's Best of Beauty Award for 2018 and features a micro-corrector applicator to erase dark circles and fine lines.
- It is infused with Haloxyl
- It is a two-in-one concealer which conceals dark circles while reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- It has an easy-to-use sponge applicator which makes application quick and easy
- It comes in 17 shades for different skin tones
- It blends well on the skin and does not cake
- It is long-lasting and can be used as a highlighter as well
- The product gets soaked into the sponge applicator very easily
- It provides light to medium coverage and it is a bit difficult to build
- You can use it as a spot concealer and it does not allow pouring the product and applying it with a brush
- Sometimes you have to press it down very hard to take the product out
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer’s hydrating and long-lasting formula is one of the biggest reasons for its growing popularity. It was the first brand of concealer to introduce an extra-large doe-foot applicator and many brands followed suit from then on. Despite providing full coverage with a soft matte finish, the product is expensive for most.
Our top choice for Tarte Shape Tape dupe is E.L.F. Camo Concealer as it offers more or less the same benefits at a very low price. It is lightweight, long-lasting, and has a matte finish. It is also vegan and 100% cruelty-free like Tarte Shape Tape Concealer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Tarte Shape Tape discontinued?
Tarte is discontinuing Shape Tape Foundations from stores and replacing its foundation with a new formula. The original Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is still recommended but its two foundation counterparts didn’t live up to the popular concealer’s formula.
How long does the Tarte Shape Tape last?
It depends on how much product you use for coverage. If you use medium amounts, it should last 3-4 months because you don’t need to use much concealer for dark circles and blemishes.
Is Tarte Shape Tape waterproof?
Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is a waterproof formula that lasts for up to 12 hours. The easy applicator also allows quick touch-ups if needed.