Eating foods rich in antioxidants help to protect from free radicals in the body. The same goes for applying antioxidants to your skin. In the body, antioxidants help to fight against illness and disease like diabetes and heart disease. On the skin, antioxidants help to reduce the signs of aging, textural irregularities and even work to brighten the skin. The point of this all? Antioxidants are good for you; ingesting them and applying them to your skin.
The Ordinary’s Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% contains two power antioxidants; Resveratrol and Ferulic Acid. Resveratrol works to protect the skin against UV damage and slows down signs of aging. Ferulic acid works to target fine lines and hyperpigmentation. Together, the two work to create a powerful anti-aging serum that works to fight free radical damage. It’s a must for your AM routine.
The serum contains 2 powerful antioxidants; resveratrol and ferulic acid. Resveratrol, found in red grapes, works to protect the skin against UV damage and slows down signs of aging. Resveratrol also works to reduce redness and inflammation. Resveratrol helps to improve the overall appearance of the skin. It’s especially good for sun damage.
Ferulic acid works to target wrinkles and fine lines, dark spots and signs of aging. Ferulic acid does not repair existing damage but it works to protect against the formation of new free radical damage. It’s great for reducing dark spots from sun damage and past acne scars.
Together, the resveratrol and ferulic acid work together to revive your entire skin tone. Fading dark spots, improving texture and fine lines, leaving you with a radiant complexion. This product can be used in the AM or PM. Using it in the AM seems like the more beneficial route because antioxidants help to strengthen the efficacy of your SPF.
This serum can actually be used with Vitamin C! It’s used before oils and creams in the AM or PM and conflicts with Buffet + Copper Peptides 1% or EUK 134 0.1%. Pairing it with Vitamin C makes for a super potent cocktail of antioxidants, fighting free radicals and hyperpigmentation. Plus, ferulic acid makes your Vitamin C more effective and it keeps it stabilized. There are many Vitamin C serums on the market that include ferulic acid and/or resveratrol in the formulation.
If you’d like, you can try using the two in your AM routine. It’s probably best not to use it with a super strong vitamin C like TO’s Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone. If you experience any irritation, stop using them together. You can use them separately, on alternate days and still see great results.
This serum has a slightly oily texture. So, if you have oily skin, keep that in mind. As someone with dry skin, I really like the formula and I find it pretty hydrating. I enjoy this serum and I will continue to use it in my AM routine! This serum is not going to give overnight results. But with consistent use and a good SPF, this combination can work really well.
When using antioxidants, it’s essential to wear SPF 30+ in the AM. Antioxidants work to protect the skin from free radicals and sun damage, target signs of aging and brighten the skin tone. Without SPF, you’re going head to head with all the work the antioxidants are doing and negating it. It’s counterproductive.
This goes for antioxidants, Vitamin C, retinoids and acids. Your skincare routine is not going to be effective long-term if you aren’t wearing SPF.
- Super affordable and quality formulation. This is a great combination of antioxidants.
- This has an oily texture. Good for dry skin, but may not be a favorite for oily skin!
- Water-free, high potency formula.
- Cruelty-free and vegan formula.
- Works to target hyperpigmentation, texture, brightens the skin tone, and helps to reduce signs of aging.
- Resveratrol works to protect the skin against UV damage and slows down signs of aging. This means it can help to protect against sun damage when worn with SPF. This can help to improve the quality of your skin, as well as protecting against skin cancer.
- Ferulic acid works very well on fine lines and hyperpigmentation. It also helps to tackle redness and reduce pigmentation to melasma.
- Ferulic acid can boost the efficacy of Vitamin C and works to make it more stable.
- Antioxidants help to increase the efficacy of your SPF.
- Store this in a cool area as ferulic acid can go bad quickly. It does have UV-protected packaging but this isn’t a product you should try to preserve. If you have it, use it. Don’t buy a few as backups, buy it as needed.
- Ferulic acid and resveratrol can cause irritation for eczema-prone and sensitive skin. Patch test the product on a small area of your neck first.
- The oily texture is not ideal for all skin types. Some reviews said it just sits on their skin rather than absorbing into it.
- This serum helps to prevent anti-aging and protects from free radicals. Some reviews said this is more of a preventative product versus something improving your skin. This can visibly improve your skin because it will prevent further damage. Meaning, you’re preserving your skin. Improvement will be slow and steady so keep that in mind.
Use this in the AM or PM before creams and oils. This serum works well when paired with Vitamin C in your AM routine. Try it out and if it does not irritate your skin, you can continue to use it. Do not combine with Buffet + Copper Peptides 1% or EUK 134 0.1%
The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% is available at:
The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic 3% serum is not something all people will view as a must. If you’re using ferulic acid or resveratrol, you’re likely big on skincare, always wear SPF and have a multi-step routine that is your religion. But here’s why it’s so important; preventing free radical damage will preserve your skin and you will thank yourself in the long run!
Resveratrol and Ferulic acid are such potent antioxidants. One improves the overall quality of the skin and fights against free radicals. The other targets fine lines, hyperpigmentation and signs of aging. Together, the two create a powerful combination that serves as a great medium to step your skincare routine.